Your privacy is important to us. This page provides you with the information about the cookies that are used on this website and give the tools and knowledge to manage them.
- What are cookies?
- Types of cookies
- Which cookies does Smile Customer Experience use?
- What happens if I opt out of all cookies?
- How do I opt out of cookies?
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data that is placed on an internet user's computer memory. The information the cookie contains is set by a website's server and it can be used when the user visits the website.
Cookies were designed to remember things that an internet user has done on that website in the past, which can include putting products in their basket, logging in, or clicking on links. Cookies are not dangerous. They are not computer programs and cannot be used to circulate viruses.
This information about how customers use the website is used in many ways:
- To keep a record of the products you've put in your shopping bag for next time you visit
- To make personalised product recommendations, based upon your previous times you've shopped on the website
- To remember your preferences
- To find out what the website doesn't do well and make improvements to it in future
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Make sure advertising on other websites is relevant to you
- Plus many other uses too
2. Types of cookies
Session (or Transient) Cookies
A session cookie only lasts for the duration of users using the website. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. Forest Holidays use session cookies to allow you to move from page to page without having to login or re-submit details each time.
Persistent (or Permanent) Cookies
Persistent cookies that are stored on the user's computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Forest Holidays use these cookies to record your preferences for the website in order to present something relevant to you on the next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse shopping behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how the well the website works and where it can be improved.
Flash Cookies (or Locally Shared Objects)
You probably have Adobe Flash installed on your computer. Websites that contain Flash can also store small files on your computer that are used in the same way as cookies.
Flash cookies can also back up the data that is stored in other cookies. When you delete cookies, your Flash cookies are not affected. So a website may still recognise you if it backed up the deleted cookie information on a Flash cookie.
Smile Customer Experience works with selected companies to provide additional content and services, for example reviews. These companies may also set cookies on our behalf. We are working with these third parties to get a full list of the cookies they use and what they are used for.
Sharing with social networks
Smile Customer Experience presently do not use social network share buttons, but we have detailed the information about this for future use. This allows you to share details of our products and services with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer memory. Find out more about these here:
3. Which cookies do Smile Customer Experience use?
a) Cookies used by Smile Customer Experience (1st Party Cookie).
We use the following cookies on this website
- Content Management System Cookie (PHP Session)
- Google Analytics Cookie
We also use these cookies to remember information about your preferences so that we can tailor the website to your needs.
b) PHP Session Cookie (1st party cookie)
This cookie is added by the system we use to manage the content within our website. It also records information about the way customers use our website, to give us the information to continually improve our website for you.
c) Google Analytics (3rd party cookie)
A behavioural tracking service that also helps us find out what can be improved on the website and how important it is.
4. What happens if I opt out of all cookies?
In short, nothing. We only use tracking cookies on this website to check our visitor statistics and keyword importance.
5. How do I opt out of cookies?
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below on the following website:
- Smile Customer Experience collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, post and telephone. Your personal information (which includes your name, address and any other details you provide to us now or during our relationship with you, which identifies you as an individual) may be processed and stored in a database, even after termination of the relationship, by Smile Customer Experience You can ask us at any time for details of the information we hold about you.
- Smile Customer Experience aggregate information on the pages consumers’ access or visit, for the purposes of improving the content of our Website. This is not disclosed or shared with other organisations for commercial purposes. This information will only be disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Website and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our Website.
- Smile Customer Experience and its affiliates will use your information for the purpose of administering our relationship with you, such as: processing your requests, providing you with information about our services and for auditing usage of the site. If you wish us to cease processing the information we have about you, or have any concerns, please send an appropriate request by e-mail to either your project manager at Smile Customer Experience or email us.
- We have implemented reasonable security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss. However we cannot guarantee that these will be effective, but Smile Customer Experience will comply with all security measures legally set forth.
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information Smile Customer Experience holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to our contact page.